Family Escapes Early Morning House Fire In Davenport


DAVENPORT, Iowa - A Davenport family will have to find a new place to live after a house fire around 4 this morning in the 2300 block of Farnam Street.

KWQC TV6 reports a woman and her daughter were able to get out of the burning house safely and they also rescued the family cat. The woman said a friend had left a candle burning in the basement and that is what started the fire. That has not been officially confirmed.

The house is a total loss.

Crews remained at the home for several hours.

Photo courtesy of KWQC TV6.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content