(Bettendorf, IA) -- A dryer is getting the blame for a Bettendorf house fire that cause thousands of dollars in damages.
Fire crews were called to the home in the 4000 block of Lilienthal Street just after 3:00 Wednesday afternoon for a report of a fire.
City leaders say a mother and her kids were home at the time of the fire and called 911. The woman told dispatch one of her kids noticed the dryer was on fire and smoke was coming from the laundry room.
The family was able to get out safely and the fire was extinguished quickly by the fire department. No one was injured during the fire. Estimated damage is around $20,000.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
(Photo by KWQC / Bettendorf Fire Department)