Starting Thursday, the Municipal Transit Administration (MTA) in Clinton is reducing hours to help ensure the safety of its employees and riders during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
“The MTA highly recommends the public to stay at home and not take unnecessary trips,” according to a Thursday media release. “Passenger should only take necessary trips for food and/or medical needs.”
The route schedule reductions will remain in effect until further notice.
If a passenger has an essential need for transportation outside of the reduced service hours, call 563-242-3721. MTA says they will make every attempt to accommodate the need.
The hours of operation will be from 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. and 2:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday through Friday.
• Main Avenue will operate at 6, 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, 9:30a.m. then will stop until resuming at 2:30, 3:30, and 4:30, and 5:00 p.m. if needed.
• Camanche Avenue will operate at 7:00, 8:00, and 9:00 a.m., then stop until resuming at 3:00 and 4:00 p.m.
• Branch Line will operate at 6:30 and 7:00 a.m., 3:30 and 4:00 p.m.
• Hill Line will not operate.
• 13th Avenue North will not operate.
• Lincoln Way Shuttle will not operate.
Additionally, requests will be taken from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 to 5:00 p.m. Every effort will be made to accommodate a pickup at a location on a normally operated route, according to the release.
Saturday fixed-route bus service will be on request only and only for necessity trips (work, food, medical). Call 563-242-3721 to request a ride.